Monday, August 30, 2010

My dear Chennai

The week after Independence day was celebrated as "Madras Week" throughout Chennai. Never seen before levels of activities were happening all around. One such was a Photo competition organized by PSM to all the people of Chennai. The theme was "Beautiful Chennai".

I did enter in the contest and submitted by photograph. It was judged by Mr. Krishnan, the chief editor of The Hindu and my photograph was adjuded as the best one. My happiness had no boundaries. It was like a dream coming true. I remember last year when I was reading continuously the Internet for photo tips and other information regarding SLR and it's parts.

My prize winning photograph!!!


It's true that dedication will always pay you back!!!

Regardign the photograph, it was taken on a very early morning at Marina beach. I saw a perspective in the stones especially the way it was curving and at the end of it was leading to the light house. It was a challenging photograph due to the fact I lied flat on my stomach and had to slow down my speed to very minimum since the light was too low and also my maximum aperture was just f/3.5 only. I had to hold the camera very steady since the exposure involves lots of light sparkles.

At the post processing, I gave the photograph yellow filter to give the sepia effect in order to show the early morning effect. I am very happy for the appriciation received for the photograph.

Way to go!!!

A+

2 comments:

  1. Thanks you very much this website helps me a lot……. hotels in nungambakkam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post.Thanks for sharing this information.Its nice information about photography in chennai.SelectCiti provides more information about Photographers in chennai.

    ReplyDelete