Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mumbai – the city that never sleeps

This year we went to Mumbai on summer vacation (27.05.11 to 05.06.11). The presence of my wife’s aunt in Mumbai made our stay comfortable. In fact we have been trying to visit them ever since we married in 2003 and finally we could make in 2011 only. At least we made it now.




Although I’ve travelled to many cities on official work, I haven’t visited Mumbai even once. But the in the first visit itself, I got a lot familiarized with Mumbai (I think so!!!). We went to many places in Mumbai in the scorching Sun but the buzzing Mumbai always kept me interested in each and every moment. Be the train journey, Ferry journey, Car journey in the rain, shopping at Chembur, activities at Gate way of India, The Mahalakshmi temple zone, Marine drive – everything was eventful and has left its own marks in me.


The ferry trip was the most enjoying one – especially for my 6 year old Son. It was more than an hour drive to Elephanta caves from Gateway of India. The Sea breeze and hot Sun made the life a little difficult. However the experience of Sea drive made up to it. The gigantic ships and Fast steamer boats were kept the travel interesting.

All the pictures of the Gateway of India, I saw in the past had lots of Doves in it. I was preparing for some special photographs of doves but what in the end it was disappointing that not a single dove was present there. Not sure why – but it is a loss for photo hobbyists like me.

The best was reserved at Marine drive – after 7.00 p.m. Being in west coast, it took long for sun set but once the street lights were on, the Marine drive looked fabulous. In fact its special name “The Queen Necklace” vindicates its beauty at night.
I didn’t have tripod to capture the glory – however with the help of hand rails, I did some sequence of shots and stitch them to form a panoramic shot. Really it was amazing to watch the place in night.

When finally we finished the tour after 6 days at Mumbai, we were full of pleasant memories. I understand why Mumbaikers love Mumbai despite being congested and huge. Somehow in the first visit itself I got some inner affiliation with Mumbai life.

I made an album out of the photos which is given here for your pleasure.




A+

No comments:

Post a Comment